[TowerTalk] Equipment Installations on towers...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Equipment Installations on towers...
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 02:36:19 2003
In a message dated 2/23/03 8:53:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chris@peaknetworks.com writes:

> Anyone know what it takes to get equipment installed on cell towers or other
>  towers?

    Cell tower owners almost NEVER share their tower. There are some
co-location sites but lots of times you see several cell towers next to each
other.

    Non-cell towers are different. Some are dedicated (i.e. ATT long-lines)
but others rent space. The trick is finding out who the tower belongs to and
getting in touch with them.

>  Licenses?  Certifications?

    You may need licenses for your transmitting equipment. There's some
spread spectrum stuff being sold that doesn't require licensing.

>  Looking to get some equipment installed on some towers in Miami, FL.  Some
>  are buildings which I can do, and some are towers.

    Other than an FCC license if necessary, that's about it. There's no
building permit for this kind of thing.

>  If you know how I can get this done - subcontracted, etc., please drop me a
>  line.

    What part do you want done - the licensing or the installation or both?
There are some tower service companies in your area I'm sure. Just contact
one of them to get started. They might also have some of the information
you're looking for as well.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -