[TowerTalk] Noise Hunting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Noise Hunting
From: n1rj@pivot.net (Roger D. Johnson)
Date: Thu Feb 27 19:19:32 2003
 When I first moved out to the hinterlands the 160m band
was dead quiet in the daytime. Now it seems to be getting
progressively more noisy. I have a Radio Shack air band
receiver and home brew 3el Yagi for noise hunting but would
like something less cumbersome and with a better pattern.
I've looked at a host of hand held scanners that cover UHF
but they never seem to indicate if one can use the AM mode
at those frequencies or if it's hard wired for air band only!
I'd appreciate any info from scanner users about which models
have this capability.

Thanks and 73, Roger