[TowerTalk] SWR question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SWR question
From: wes@attawayinterests.com (Wes Attaway (N5WA))
Date: Thu Feb 27 20:34:36 2003
The answer depends mainly on the amount of feedline loss you
have.  With 150' or so of decent coax the loss caused by the
additional mismatch will be negligible on any HF band.  If you
have 1000' of coax, or 150' of some kind of real lossy line, then
you have a different problem.  You can estimate the additional
loss imposed by the increased SWR from feedline charts in the
ARRL Antenna Manual.