[TowerTalk] 80m vertical-array questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical-array questions
From: df9ox@gmx.de (df9ox@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 4 17:28:49 2003
tnx pete and fred,

found the spitfire of course with ur links, without that, u have to know for
what searching for, hi.
Seems to be the solution for my lot, without any ?but`.
I can produce here the ultimate ground-system with that ?120 radials each
lambda/4 long?, but only for one vertical, so its nice to see that no extra
radials are needed for the spitfire directors and reflectors.
The directivity, pete, is not a problem with my europe-QRM, because this
summer i will get that small little lot, 20ft x 600ft, for arranging a beverage
in E/W direction.
Its situated direct to my property-border, was a part of an horse-ground
before and I talked a lot with the owner.... gives me at all 700ft for the
beverage.
Fred, I spent my afternoon with your description, did u make some further
experience with the spitfire since that time ?
Might be a good test-ground here, no salt-water (60miles away), but free of
trees to E (600ft away), S some buildings 25ft high (250ft distance), N some
bushes and trees 30ft high (250ft away) and W trees, my house and an old
barn, which is 30ft high and 150ft separated from the center vertical.
But, in direction W there are some longer radials possible, they would be on
my property.

So, nice to cu here, remember ur calls several times worked before... the
last months only with a G5RV 40ft agl on 80m, but doing a job....

Fred, english is a world-language, german a country language, so please
excuse my mistakes :-)
My last time above the atlantic was 1996....

73 de Andre  DF9OX

Bitte l?cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!