[TowerTalk] how vertical is vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] how vertical is vertical
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Wed Mar 5 01:54:56 2003
This discussion reminds me of an antenna I worked on for the
air force about 10 years ago. We were having trouble meeting
a specification for the elevation pattern. I suggested we ask the
customer if our results were "good enough". Management
hesitated thinking that this might sew doubt in the mind of the
customer regarding our ability to "perform" on the contract. After
a lot of hand wringing, we were finally allowed to approach the
customer and present our results. They said "okay" without
hesitation as if it didn't matter one bit :)