[TowerTalk] 80m vertical array questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m vertical array questions
From: w8aef@worldnet.att.net (Paul Playford)
Date: Thu Mar 6 11:42:31 2003
It is my experience that buried radial length is not terribly important so
they would semi-work with a phased array.  Elevated radials should be
resonate so if you cut them short you would require loading coils in each
(short) radial, which would restrict the bandwidth of the array.  To make
them resonant just install two radial as if they were a dipole, measure the
resonant frequency (an MFJ-259 works great for this) and trim, or adjust the

de Paul, W8AEF