[TowerTalk] Identifying ferrite core material

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Identifying ferrite core material
From: jimlux@earthlink.net (Jim Lux)
Date: Fri Mar 14 10:41:46 2003
Wrap a few turns of wire through them and measure their inductance.  That
will tell you the AL factor (inductance/square root(turns)) (and by
implication the permeability)..

Measure at a few different frequencies, and that will give you the loss
characteristics (if you can measure loss at each frequency, so much the
better, but, you can get a feel for it by seeing where the inductance
apparently starts to die off)