[TowerTalk] Welding aluminum with a MIG Millermatic250.Anyoneusing the

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Welding aluminum with a MIG Millermatic250.Anyoneusing the new wirepropellant systems kit for this welder?
From: geoffrey@jeremy.mv.com (Geoff)
Date: Fri Mar 14 21:56:50 2003
Most hams cant solder either.

Aluminum welding requires patience to master and any GOOD welder can learn
it.
Many body shop and back yard welders are hacks and with the proliferation of
cheap MIGs available to anyone it will not be getting any better.

I use an Astro Mig to weld cast aluminum and a Henrob torch for sheet and
angle.IMO the gas Henrob is a lot easier as well as cheaper if you are doing
many different alloys.
http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/

Geoff