[TowerTalk] DeoxIT Noalox epilogue

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DeoxIT Noalox epilogue
From: olinger@bellsouth.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu Mar 20 12:13:40 2003
Over-noaloxing anything will cause troubles. Noalox is NOT a preferred
conduction path. If you overdo it, it will harden into a resistive strata and
cause trouble down the line.

Noalox is supposed to keep anything NOT IN DIRECT CONTACT from oxidizing, and
having an area of oxidation gradually expand into direct contact areas,
gradually increasing resistance at joints, and loss.

Reference F12's instructions to use a THIN (they REALLY mean THIN) coating.

All you need to do is thoroughly wipe the aluminum with a small noalox
saturated cloth. The best Noalox coating is one that is 100%, but you can only
see under a bright light and a magnifying glass.

If you use a tube of noalox on a beam, you used about 500 times too much. That
tube ought to last for years. "More is better" does not work here.