[TowerTalk] Location Location?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Location Location?
From: ccc@space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman)
Date: Sat Apr 5 11:13:06 2003
At 8:30 AM -0500 4/5/03, a TowerTalker replied to me off-list:
>I could not agree with you more about real estate agents. We are
>moving south and no matter what I say about not being interested in
>any place with any restrictions I'm told, "Well, the restrictions
>are very light" or, "I'm sure they wouldn't mind an antenna as long
>as it's not too tall". Yeah, right! I'm sure they'll allow a couple
>of 85 footers with stacked arrays. We finally found a great spot but
>it took a LOT of searching.
>       When I see these Realtor ads on TV crowing about their alleged
>"concern" for the buyers, I get disgusted.

Please understand that my original comment and my forwarding of this
one come not from a grudge against real-estate agents, but from a
desire to share with other hams what I and my fellow TowerTalker
learned in the course of shopping for a tower-friendly QTH.  My
experience was eye-opening.  It would have helped me, and saved me a
lot of wasted time, to have been told these things in advance.

73 -Chuck, W1HIS