[TowerTalk] Recommended T-Bearing for a 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Recommended T-Bearing for a 25G
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Apr 9 16:56:38 2003
At 10:57 AM 4/9/03 -0700, Dino Darling wrote:
>My friend will need a bearing for the top of his 25G.  The top section
>comes to a point so my thinking was to lower the rotor plate and install
>an accessory plate with the bearing mounted to it.  Or, is there a bearing
>that goes over the top tube?

I think this is overkill, particularly if he is using a galvanized or
chrome-moly steel mast.  Mine has been up since 1995 without a bearing, and
shows no signs of any problems -- the fit through the pointy-top is loose
enough so that at <1 RPM and with similar hardness materials it will
probably outlast me.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 2 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm