[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing = UHMW cutting boards...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing = UHMW cutting boards...
From: jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com (Jerry Connelly)
Date: Tue Apr 15 16:13:32 2003
I'm not totally sure about this but there is a uhmw we use in our
materials handling chutes that is supposed to be uv stabalized.
Its called "TYVAR 88".  There are several grades of TYVAR but
the 88 is supposed to be better suited to uv environments.
I used some for cable guides on top of my tower and its been up
about two years.  Haven't been up to check on it yet this year but
as of last fall it was holding up good.   I am on the southern wv/va
border so my uv exposure is less than many of you.
JerryC
KC8TES