[TowerTalk] Stuck US Towers 472MDP control box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stuck US Towers 472MDP control box
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri Apr 18 12:43:50 2003
John,

Judging from last year's results, my guess would be that one of the relays
needs to be replaced. You might try swapping the relays to see if the
symptom reverses (i.e., the tower will go up but not down.)

If you tower has the limit switch option, the limit switches are another
possibility. One of mine froze in the "full down" position a couple of years
ago and I could not lower the tower after raising it. I would imagine that
the reverse could happen if the other limit switch froze in the "full up"
position. I was able to reach up with a long bamboo stick and free the
frozen switch lever. Since then, I don't park the tower full down anymore,
but a couple of inches above that. This way, the limit switch lever doesn't
sit on the rail that trips it.

If your tower doesn't have the limit switches, it's possible that one of the
unusued limit switch terminals is shorted.

Hope this helps,

73, Dick WC1M