[TowerTalk] Choice of antennas - Thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Choice of antennas - Thanks
From: yo3ctk@alltrom.ro (yo3ctk)
Date: Fri Apr 25 09:37:20 2003
Just a short note to thank you all for your comments. To summarize:

1. It seems that the overall preference went to F12 and not Cushcraft as brands
2. Some people have suggested the SteppIR, but my feeling is that this concept
is as yet unproven (moving parts on top of the tower)
3. I have found that the C-36XR is no longer available; this would have been my
first choice, given the parameters. Anyone know why it has been discontinued?

Given all of the above and (yet) another criteria being availability in Europe,
I have finally decided on a C-4XL. The C-39XRN suggested by Pete, N4ZR,
although a better performer, is twice as expensive and three times as heavy. So
I've settled on the next best thing, IMHO.

73 de Mike, YO3CTK