[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B Qusetions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 57 B Qusetions
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Wed Apr 30 18:14:25 2003
Hi Art,

WL7M has one on a Rohn 25 with a Hazer.

I don't know what the Pro57 B 40 weighs, but the Pro57 B weighs 90lbs I think.
That's a lot of weight for a Hazer.  If you have the heaviest version
available, once you add the weight of the mast, coax, antenna and rotor, you
will be at the maximum payload.  Be sure you have everything good and tight.
Check it at least once a year for things coming loose.  The rotor plate is of a
aluminum alloy.  Be sure to use stainless flat washers for your lock washers to
dig into on the bottom of your rotor.  If you do not, they will work loose and
dig into that soft metal plate.  You will damage the plate and possibly more
depending when you finally see the problem.  Also, that size of antenna will
put amazing amounts of twist into the tower in a wind.  That's because it sits
off-center on the actual tower.  I added a set of Phillystran guys attached to
the Hazer to reduce the twisting action.  Phillystran because it's light and
added little to the overall payload.  The basic winch should be replaced.  It
freewheels coming down.  I managed to break my wrist last October using it.
Not a lot of fun.

I was using a TB6EM Telrex, CushCraft 40m dipole, and a 2 meter vertical on
mine.  The Telrex is gone and is replaced by a C3.  A lot smaller load and more
peace of mind.

73
Greg K9ZM