[TowerTalk] Hazer and Mosley Pro

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hazer and Mosley Pro
From: vfair@innova.net (Van Fair)
Date: Wed Apr 30 23:36:09 2003
I have a 70 ft Rohn 25 with a steel Hazer and a PRO 67A (weighs 100 lbs) and a
tail twister. The unit has been up for 10 years in two different locations with
no problems. The top guys are tied to the hazer for two and the tower for one.
the lower  3 guys are all to the tower. To lower it I loosen the guys on the
hazer and then lower it down to the first guys which will stop the hazer should
it fall. Then I put a 2X4 slightly under it to catch it should it lower. I then
take the lower guys off and go down and pull the string on the 2x4 to take it
out and then lower all the way. I agree that the standard hoist should be
replaced with a new one Rohn offers which is much safer. I have done this. I am
no tower expert but success seems to be on my side. Maybe I am just lucky. I am
not aware of any time that it was ever subjected to winds over 60 mph.