[TowerTalk] Measuring DX Performance of Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Measuring DX Performance of Verticals
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed May 7 16:43:06 2003
At 09:58 AM 5/7/03 -0700, Ward Silver wrote:
>Yeah, but actual performance would depend so greatly on local ground screen
>characteristics, terrain, and quality of installation and connections that
>any one-time tests would have little merit on a long-term basis.  The
>subject of ground-screen/radials has been covered thoroughly elsewhere.

That was sort of my point.  If vertical A works better over a modest radial
set than radial B, then a test over such a ground plane would be biased in
A's favor.  I haven't read your report, and you may have included a caveat
to that effect, or made an effort to install what you regarded as a typical
ground screen.  Either would be fine with me.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm