[TowerTalk] Size of TX-455 hole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Size of TX-455 hole?
From: davidgreer73@yahoo.com (David Greer)
Date: Fri May 9 21:22:13 2003
The backhoe operator is coming here on Monday morning to dig the hole for my
new U.S. Tower TX-455 55-foot free-standing crank-up. I initially told him to
dig a hole 3-feet square by 6-feet deep because that's what a chart on page 4
of the U.S Tower catalog shows. But last night I was looking over the "formal
stress analysis document" supplied by the company so I could determine how much
rebar I need to buy Saturday. On the page titled "Installation of pier footing
TX-455 crank-up tower," it clearly shows the hole for this tower as being
5-feet square by 6 feet deep. So which size is correct? That's a rather large
difference. Obviously, such a hole cannot be too big so I could always have him
dig the bigger size but don't want to if not necessary. My two phone calls
today to U.S. Tower went unanswered. 73, Dave, N4KZ