[TowerTalk] Raising a Universal Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Raising a Universal Tower
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 19 00:10:34 2003
The Universal tower can be easily raised with a rope one third from the top
of the
tower.    DONT pull the tower up from the top as you put too much pressure on
the
middle of the tower and could damage it.     Wrap the rope or cable around
the
tower to spread the pressure.    I have pulled my 50 foot Universal up
several times
this way with a steel cable attched to a rope which is attached to the top of
my
house.    I have the cable go to a pully at the upper third of the tower and
then
down the tower to a wench.    Works great and I can bring the tower up or
down
by myself.    All that with a triband beam and rotor and heavy mast on the
tower
while I crank away!

73
Mike