[TowerTalk] CB operator charged under new city law

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CB operator charged under new city law
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Thu May 22 06:34:46 2003
I also think its great and hope it stands up to a court test.  If only
more areas had laws like this.... unfortunately we probably won't see
much local action on this front as it most areas it is a relatively
minor threat to the public and the towns are just going to push it back
on the fcc.  It could also become a headache for hams when the local
cops who don't know about ham radio try to enforce it... I would think
it would be very important for hams in an area that adopts a law like
this to help instruct the local police on the difference between legal
cb, legal ham activity, and illegal activity.

> Thanks for passing this on...I think it's absolutely GREAT!
>
> Note that actions were taken against this guy because he was operating
> outside the law, and thus had no foot to stand on.  Similar complaints
> against licensed amateurs operating within Part 97 requirements are
> routinely dismissed, and hundreds of such cases have been dismissed
over
> the
> years.  I was involved in one such case.
>

> > This may not have much to do with antennas, but it could be a
concern
> for
> > all hams in the future.
> >

> > CB operator charged under new city law