[TowerTalk] Feeding one antenna in a stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding one antenna in a stack
From: olinger@bellsouth.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sat May 31 09:46:35 2003
The shield has to be modeled as a wire in it's own right. It's in the
other element's fields. If you break the shield connection at the
relays then it's short, nonresonant and of small effect. Otherwise
it's a wire connected to one of the same size (via the shield
connection) on the other side, connected to the feedline to the shack,
possibly the tower, not short, and in play.

73, Guy.