[TowerTalk] stainless u-bolts -- update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stainless u-bolts -- update
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Wed Jun 11 10:31:07 2003
Living in Florida means you have to accept that things rust, and rust
fast.... with plated items you can see rust appear in a week - HONEST!

As such I use ONLY stainless steel bolts, and u-bolts on all my yagis...
they cost most, they don't torque down as well and they tend to gall if
you are not careful and there is the fact that against aluminum you have
that galvanic battery action going on - BUT - they are also usable as
hardware for years and years here.

I highly recommend using ss hardware on antennas, it is the only way to
go... it does take practice learning not to tighten things like you are
in a masters of the universe throbbing veins mode but with that caution
you end up with antennas that can be easily reworked for years and years...

I currently have ten antennas in the air for 10 through 40 and hope to
add more this Summer... all will be totally assembled with stainless
steel nuts, bolts and u-bolts.

73,

Jim, K4OJ
near Tampa, FL