[TowerTalk] RE: [YCCC] Tower Spacing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: [YCCC] Tower Spacing?
From: jordand@tycoelectronics.com (Jordan, David)
Date: Sat Jun 14 12:37:21 2003
on the 70' tower
I'll assume a minimum of a 10' mast exposed
at 70.5'  3 or 4 element 20m yagi
at 77.5' 2 element short 40m
If possible
at 35 to 40 ft 3 or 4 element 20m yagi same make as above fixed on europe

on the 54' tower  again a 10' mast
at 50.5' 3-5 element 10m yagi
at 57' 3-4 element 15m yagi same make as above fixed on europe
at 30' 10m yagi same as above fixed on europe
at 35 to 37' a 15m yagi fixed on europe same make as above

Tower spacing is based on what you want to do.
you could place them in line w/ europe for 80/160m shunt/phasing
but would have max interference from 40-10
or place them broadside to europe at
~1/2 wv on 80m or about 125'.  Less will work more is better

Don't over look the option on the 54' tower of using a tribander.

A Pair of TH6DXX stacked would really help w/ multipliers
place them at 60 and 30'
Keep the mono banders on the big tower and fix a second 15M antenna on
europe
side mounted to the tower. at say 60'

Dave the option are plentiful.
you could also place soome small tribander south

good for M2 setup or ms

Dave KC1Q
David Jordan, Pr. Antenna Engineer