[TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets
From: TexasRF@aol.com (TexasRF@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 16:35:04 2003
I assumed it was a smell/taste thing because the danged critters only go for
new cable(s) while ignoring old existing cables on the same bundle. Last year
when installing some optical encoders on the EME systems the new 6 cond data
cable was chewed in half three nights in a row while the old cables were
untouched. Each night I left a "snack" for them in the form of a full box of
D-con
Rat Poison. After the third box the cable was not damaged and has been ok
since. Like everything else in Texas the rats must be really large!

In addition to the data cable I had the same problem with 8X coax used for
12vdc preamp feeds a few years ago.

73 de K5GW