[TowerTalk] Log periodic vs Steppir

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Log periodic vs Steppir
From: on4kj@skynet.be (on4kj)
Date: Mon Jun 23 17:31:34 2003
Antenna  other then those for a fixed frequency ( such as used in VHF and
UHF ) are always a compromise.
LP brings a lot more of metal on the towers , so think it over. There is not
that much gain difference between  LP and classic beams. Stepper  technics
is a better aproach to the fixed freq antenna, and will be ideal ( I
suppose ) the day they can adjust the distances between the elements and the
element lenghts as well.
My two Euro cent vision .

Jos on4kj