[TowerTalk] Hy Tower Installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy Tower Installation
From: gjerning@flash.net (ARNE GJERNING)
Date: Tue Jul 1 23:08:13 2003
I installed a used HyTower.  Instead of aluminum tubing into base insulators
I had friend machine 1 inch bolts 6 inch long to slip into insulator.  Local
weld shop made a T of 3/4 thick by 3 inch wide steel bar stock.  HyTower
bolted to the T.  The T is secured to 3 each  3/4 inch all thread rod 36
inch long (with wide flanges bolted to lower end in concrete).  I did not
have to worry about being level as nuts above and below the T used for that
purpose.  Also installed a 28 inch diameter aluminum plate in the
configuration for radial attachment (only 120 holes around edge).  3x3x3 ft.
concrete in New Mexico sand.  Up since 1986.

When I move I buy 3 new all thread rods, nuts, washers, lock washers and
lower wide flanges.  Will do same for 2nd HyTower.

SASE if anyone wants a sketch.

73 de Arne N7KA