[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 7, Issue 1

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 7, Issue 1
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Wed Jul 2 09:57:54 2003
"Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com> inquired about:

The A4S add on. I'll be curious to see the answers you
get on this, as I have an A4S kit that i have not installed.

Re the trap covers, yes, CC does have them. THough their website
instuctions are byzantine (to be kind) they DO work. I bought a lot
of trap caps this summer.

The caps come off easy, the trap disassebly is not quite so easy.
There's one folded down piece of the trap that is screwed INTO the
insulating coil form. Getting that piece bent back up so that
it would clear the "bobbin" when disassembling the trap is a good
trick. In abt 50% of my cases, the piece broke. Not fatal, but
not nice.

CC cheaped out and used zinc plated hardware to affix the coil to the
form (and thus to the trap cover). Mine were ALL rusty, so I replaced
them with stainless machine screws.

Good antenna once you get it up and running!

John K5MO