[TowerTalk] RE: California Dreamin' PRB-1 Bill

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: California Dreamin' PRB-1 Bill
From: jim_johnson@agilent.com (jim_johnson@agilent.com)
Date: Thu Jul 3 11:54:58 2003
Jim,

  I sure hope your suggestion below is very effective.
However, Gray Davis is extremely anti-ham radio, for
some reason.  I remember (or should I say "recall")
two times he vetoed pro-amateur radio legislation.  In
one case (I'm sorry I don't remember the details of the
legislation but it may have had to do with a CA-wide PRB-1
type bill), he said the $100,000 that it would cost the
state was too much to spend.  This was in, I believe, the
year 2000 or maybe 1999 when CA was literally awash in
money (a huge surplus).  So I expect Davis to veto any
bill that is pro-ham radio, unfortunately.  The readers
of Towertalk may have more bang for their bucks by signing
the circulating Recall Gray Davis petition instead (I have).

73,
Jim W6SC