[TowerTalk] insurance scheduling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] insurance scheduling
From: rudym@net-link.net (Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD)
Date: Sat Jul 5 10:24:23 2003
Along the lines of the insurance thread--schedule your towers and antennas
valued at cost of replacement + labor expense.  You have a $100.00 13 element 2
meter beam at 100 feet, but a pro will charge you $300.00 to put it up there.
Schedule the antenna at $400.00.  Of course you pay the premium to do this but
it is well worth it in the long run, especially if your 100 foot tower with 4
antennas on top comes down!  I found this out the hard way the first time I
took a lightning hit and lost the top antenna.  It cost more to just take it
down and put up a cheaper antenna than what the antenna was insured for.  The
agent to me to factor in the additional labor costs next time around.

A neighbor had a tree fall on a fence.  It will cost her $900.00 to have the
tree removed and the fence replaced.  Because it was not scheduled, the
insurance company only paid $160.00 after her $250.00 decuctable is taken into
consideration.
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD