[TowerTalk] And YET ANOTHER Nebraska tower is down

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] And YET ANOTHER Nebraska tower is down
From: mcduffie@actcom.net (mcduffie@actcom.net)
Date: Wed Jul 9 10:21:41 2003
http://www.kearneyhub.com/html/news/news_6.htm

I had originally heard that this was their FM tower, but I think
what is described in this story is probably their in-town AM tower.
Winds were reported to be over 100MPH in a heat burst.

For those who read about the 2000' KDUH tower coming down last
September, the erection of their new tower in a new location about
one mile west of one of my sites (KTNE) is coming right along.  They
are nearly done stacking tower and hope to place the antennas next
month.  Finished height will be 1478' according to CP, just 21'
shorter than ours.  I'll post a current picture at
www.mcduffie.ws/kduhupdate.jpg.  The yellow at the top is the gin
pole.  A few tower sections remain on the ground...maybe another
hundred feet?

The picture isn't posted yet, but will be later this morning.  It
was taken yesterday from KTNE.

Gary

--
a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t