[TowerTalk] Positioning Belt needed...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Positioning Belt needed...
From: wrt@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sat Jul 19 16:37:54 2003
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:18:20 -0500, "Bob Gates"
<regates@kingwoodcable.com> wrote:

>A also would not use a carabineer to secure myself to the tower.

I think it's possible to go too far with these kinds of concerns.

The carabiner I use is a big one - about 4" long with a heavy spring
and it has never come loose or even close.  Remember it is a backup to
the primary and would never have a load on it unless the primary
fails.  The way I use it, it is always right in front of me where I
can see it and if I should ever make a move where it has some strain
on it I would reposition it.

There are lots of dangers on a tower, but IMO, that one is way down
the list.

--
73, Bill W7TI