[TowerTalk] 45G top section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G top section
From: hdmc38@bellsouth.net (hdmc38@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 21:36:11 2003
I will be erecting a Rohn 45G tower with a 45AG4 top section,2 TB3 thrust
bearings and a Yaesu G-1000 rotor.The problem I'm having is the 45AG4 top
section is not readily available,as with most 45G these days.I can use a 10"
straight section with the top plate adapter but have never seen one set up this
way.The biggest difference I can see besides the extra 3' is the 45AG4 has the
Z web cut out at the top of the section,The straight section does not.Are there
any access problems with this setup?Can I remove the rotor or are there any
clearace problems with this setup.Any help would be appreceiated.Thanks in
advance and thanks to all who responded to my Florida rohn dealer
question.Thanks again.

                              JOE KG4VBR

JOE PATRICK
SENIOR PLUMBING/MECHANICAL