[TowerTalk] 160m vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m vertical
From: aa6dx@pacbell.net (AA6DX)
Date: Sun Aug 3 15:21:07 2003
It may have SOME effect, but the main thing is to lay down plenty of
radials.  In my experience, and opinion, the length of radials in or on the
ground is not as important as the number of them!  A radial, on/in most soil
conditions, is NOT resonant anyway .. as opposed to above ground examples.
A person to contact that has more experience than I with 160M is KL7RA --- I
operated from that station, using the 160M full size vertical .. worky
worky, considering location nearFairbanks!   Is your antenna full size?
73 --- Mark   AA6DX   (Jag ar Svenska poika)