[TowerTalk] Rotor Wiring Sequence Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Wiring Sequence Help
From: w8aef@worldnet.att.net (Paul Playford)
Date: Sun Aug 3 21:21:14 2003
Just checked my Ham IV manual.  The heavy wires go to pins 1 and 2.  Pin 1
is common and pin 2 is the brake solenoid.  The motor windings are common to
pin 1, run left to pin 8 and run right to pin 4.

And the phase shift capacitor (in the control box) is connected between pins
4 and 8.

So far our Arizona monsoon has been a bust.  We have had a couple of good
breezes, enough to turn my 20m yagi (41' boom) on the mast but no real
damage.  And we have had a little rain but as usual, not enough.  The Ft.
Tuthill hamfest was a lot of fun, about the same size as years past but this
year we did have a three hour rain on Friday afternoon which kinda dampened
everyone's enthusiasm.

Take care and climb safe.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A