[TowerTalk] Re: Arrows TowerTalk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 18

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Arrows TowerTalk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 18
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 6 07:39:48 2003
Speaking of arrows in the air........

Back around ten years ago in was carrying one of those 13-foot tapered
fiberglass poles hanging from my belt up the tower.  Yeah, I know...never carry
anything attached to your belt.  Anyway it was facing pointy end down.  Somehow
it
decided to work itself free at around 120 feet and hurtle down to the ground.

No one was at the base of the tower but I was concerned that the expensive
fiberglass rod would break when it hit the ground.  When I climbed back down to
ground level I was amazed to find not only did the rod not break, but it had
driven itself into the ground about one foot deep like a javelin.

Like one of the posters said....always stay clear of the tower when on a
ground crew. If someone had been below me when this thing came down, he could
have
looked like a shish-ka-bob.

Bill K4XS