[TowerTalk] Twin-coax balanced line and Ant Sys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Twin-coax balanced line and Ant Sys
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed Aug 6 23:42:16 2003
I think that I remember something from long time ago.  Twin lead was
inexpensive,
coax was expensive, dipoles multi dipoles and non-resonant dipole were fed with
twin lead or home-brewed twin lines.

Now, I think that this was terminated by an open air coil with multi taps
outside of
the house.  The tapes were moved for the best connexion via two pieces of short
length coax to the tuner or pie net work next to the Tx.  Is this correct?

I have been thinking of doing something similar and all this talk has brought
this
back to mind.  What comments