[TowerTalk] How to File BPL Comments with the FCC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to File BPL Comments with the FCC
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Thu Aug 7 17:46:54 2003
US HAMS - PLEASE TALK THIS UP AMONG YOUR LOCAL CLUB MEMBERS!

Members of the Florida Contest Group started doing this over the past
few days and a number of us have visited the site and done just
this...as of earlier today less than one percent of the US amateur
population had filed any comment on the matter - this stinks!

Please get your Local, Contest and DX clubs memberships to see W4ZV's
"how to" note - repost it to your local reflector... and hound your
friends on this...

This is a real threat to what we love to do - OPERATE!

Club officers please encourage your membership to submit their
comments... it is easy to do and you do not have to be a electrical
engineer just state the basics of how BPL will render the radio spectrum
used by our country's Communications First Responders useless.

I personally added in my comments the fact that the local power
companies take years to fix arcing insulators on a pole which cause
interference to AM broadcast as well as Amateur bands.  How can the same
people who do such a poor job of maintaining this basic system be
expected to maintain a system needing a higher degree of stability?

GO TO THE WEB SITE - ENCOURAGE YOUR FELLOW CLUB MEMBERS TO GO TO THE WEB
SITE - FOLLOW UP WITH THEM!

The reason this did not work in Japan was that the JA ham community
posed objections to its usage... we have an even more active amateur
population here in the states, lets get some numbers working in our
favor to remove the threat to our beloved hobby that BPL poses.

DO IT!

73,

Jim, K4OJ