[TowerTalk] How to align a beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to align a beam
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Sat Aug 9 19:36:55 2003
Dave,
Your question is going to raise a storm of answers to the same question
as it was asked many times in the past.
The simple answer is:  Point your beam at the North Star .. that's
NORTH.  You can walk out in your yard and determine which direction is
south by aligning your tower with Polaris.  Where you are standing in
due South of the tower.  Put a stake in the ground there.  Aim your
antenna towards the place you have marked as South ... or directly away
from South .. that's North!
Don
N8DE