[TowerTalk] Tower legal battles [was Chicago Tribune: AntennaStirs Stati

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower legal battles [was Chicago Tribune: AntennaStirs Static Among Neighbors]
From: k0tv@adelphia.net (Jerry Muller)
Date: Wed Aug 13 11:20:07 2003
Bill,

At the ZBA hearings that were held after that, the ZBA actually did a
really good job of doing what the Supreme court ordered. They held
hearings on what was necessary to "reasonably accomodate amateur radio"
in my particular case. I'm a serious HF/VHF/UHF contester and was in
fact the first active 70CM EME station active in NH under my old call
(WA1TZV). I had a PE do a study about all the technical aspects
surrounding my particular needs and safety factors.

Bottom line was that the ZBA gave my former neighbors (the ringleader
actually moved out before the hearing and was still fighting me with
lawyers and everything) every opportunity to come up with counter
evidence. When it was all said and done, the final decision from the ZBA
was so good for me that my attorneys said that they couldn't have
written the decision better themselves. It was totally air tight and
appeal for the other side turned out to be impossible. The key statement
from the ZBA was that it would be unreasonable for me to have any less
than what I asked for.

I got everything.

73, Jerry, K0TV