[TowerTalk] MA towers//cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA towers//cables
From: jimjarvis@comcast.net (Jim Jarvis)
Date: Tue Aug 19 20:49:26 2003

" US Tower's insistence on replacing the cables every 3 years is a weasel
clause (meaning they can weasel out of any liability if you don't follow
their
instructions) and is almost always unnecessary. This is not a violation of
the
LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the manufacturer says" because UST is NOT
the
manufacturer of the cable.""

Steve is right...the US tower spec is overkill.  On the other hand...regular
periodic inspection of the wire rope, and lube of same is well advised.

I used to lube the cable every time I worked the hand crank
winch...something
like every week or wo.

n2ea