[TowerTalk] LM354 manual winch update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM354 manual winch update
From: "Jim Spears" <n1nk@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:47:00 -0400
went on a search for fulton winches a couple of weeks ago after my old TowTek
conked out.  here is a brief summary:

appropriate fulton winch for this tower is either the K-1550 which came
standard or the K-2550 which handles a heavier load (not necessary) and also
has a better mechanical advantage.

these winches are available from Northern Tool, Grainger, et al

a winch with a standard handle will not clear the tilt fixture which sits
outside the tower structure.

Karl Tashjian offers both winches with handles altered to clear the tilt
fixture.  the custom handle is not needed for the tilt fixture.

thanks to all for the tips and leads.  I installed the new K-2550 this morning.
 the extra mechanical advantage is nice.

Jim
N1NK