Re: [TowerTalk] Tower wind loads

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower wind loads
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:49:09 -0500
  From: Jim White, K4OJ
  To: Bob Gates
  Cc: Tower Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 4:29 PM

  I bet that it is somewhere between 10 and 30 square foot!

  My guess is that it would favor the lower number as it seems these
  things get worser faster with stronger forces (must be a geometric
  progression of some kind...)

  Guess from a non-engineer:

  17 sf

  Okay P.E.'s, how close a guess did I make?

  73,

  Jim, K4OJ