Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:04:25 EDT
It is well known among vhf/uhf operators that N connectors will survive twice
legal power through 432mhz with reasonable vswr. Even at 1296mhz they survive
full legal power with low vswr.

As others have mentioned, they will fail at any frequency under fault
conditions. Heck, I even managed to smoke a 7-16 Din connector when the shield
let
loose on a 1296mhz PA output connection. The screen trip circuit would have
saved it if I had realized that the fault was external to the PA . You live and
(hopefully) you learn!

73/k5gw