[TowerTalk] 6061-T6511 Structural Tubing Weight

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6061-T6511 Structural Tubing Weight
From: KI7WX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:23:08 EDT
The 24 foot length of 2" OD x 0.25" wall plus one cardboard shipping tube
weighed in at 45 pounds for shipping. The carton is probably 4-5 pounds as it
is
stout.

Since this is a structural tube (6061 with T6 hardening) the material also
came with a Certificate of Conformance. E.G. it was tested by the manufacturer
(Alcoa). The particular lot for the tube I have had Tensile strength of 44.4
KSI and Yield of 40.2 KSI.

To be clear, I am not suggesting aluminum tube for use as masting. Just
providing some information as the question was asked.

Mark
KI7WX