Re: [TowerTalk] The Ham-Law Mailing List

To: "Al Crespo" <f5vhj@qsl.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:38:22 -0700
HamLaw certainly is active... I get several posts a week, although not much
in the last few weeks (maybe everyone's on vacation resting up for the first
Monday in October?)

Do the zoning laws in question specifically call out amateur radio antennas,
or are they applying to ANY communications tower? In the latter case, it's
most likely a anti-cellular measure.  Not sure, but a $5K fee doesn't sound
like "reasonable accommodation" to me, and I suspect there is case law to
that effect.  Heck, a measly $5 fee has been held to be excessive for the
OTARD rule.