Re: [TowerTalk] A Better Rope?

To: "Eric Rosenberg" <wd3q@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A Better Rope?
From: "G.E. Tucker" <gtucker@bostoneng.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:28:29 -0400
I have used 1/8 inch nylon 'parachute cord' (or the copy of it available at
current 'Army/Navy' type stores) and 3/16 inch nylon cord over tree branches
to support wire antennas. The former is a bit too light duty, and has failed
a few times, but the main issue seems to be to allow sufficient slack, or
e.g. bungy cord/spring etc. tension relief, so the motion of the trees
doesn't break/wear through the cord. The antennas may droop a bit more, but
are likely to stay up longer without attention.

73 George W5VU