RE: [TowerTalk] Stacked 4 El SteppIR's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Stacked 4 El SteppIR's
From: "Bryan Rambo" <bryanr@bometals.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 05:34:32 -0400
Cool idea, Jim.  Not sure you could steer the elevation pattern enough to be
meaningful though.  I just modeled a pair of yagis stacked 60ft apart (using
the 20m 5 el yagi that comes with EZNEC 3) and adjusted the driven-element
length 20 inches long on one yagi and 20 inches short on the other.  This
only steers the takeoff angle up by one degree.

Very interesting idea though...

73 - Bryan W4WMT