Re: [TowerTalk] Lowering mast on fixed tower

To: <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lowering mast on fixed tower
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:45:32 -0700
>NOTE: The usual rotor plate does not have a magical 2+ inch hole where
>you want it so the mast can easily pass through it during antenna
>servicing... of course...

Every rotor plate that I have ever seen does... Even the ones on the Rohn 25
G.

I'm going to have the same issue installing my mast into my new Rohn 45.
It's one of the HD ones 1/4" wall and 20+ feet long. I'm going to
install the 2L 40 at the top and pull it on up.....

The last tower I had was a 25G and used Sched 80 black pipe. I used a
come-along to putt it up. Made a low profile hook/bracket that
would allow the cable and the mast to slide through the rotor plate. Worked
fine. As you recall, the rotor plate has a
cutout for the screw terminals. Just thread the come-along cable through
that and put a piece of rubber tubing over the edge to
keep the plate from gouging and ripping the cable.

73 and let us know how you did...

Jim W7RY

>GL

>Jim, K4OJ