Re: [TowerTalk] Big Boy rotor question

To: Gregg Seidl <k9kl@gbonline.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big Boy rotor question
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:20:38 -0500
Gregg,
Tighten the bolts as usual .. then coat them with RTV silicone seal. They are loosening from vibration, and the silicone seal will eliminate that problem. When you need to work on the bolts again, simply 'peel' the silicone seal off.
Don
N8DE

Gregg Seidl wrote:
I have a pst-51b and I'm having some trouble with it.It is turning a 4 stack
of 432-13 wl's with about 13 sq. feet of windload.Well within its specs.The
bolts that hold the rotor to its base plate are loose.I have never seen this
before,I have 2 other big boys here and they are fine.I don't know if they
were loose from the getgo or what.The other 2 rotors are equally loaded.They
are mounted down 9-10 ffet inside the tower with bearings.I don't know if
they can be tightened or what.I also have another question.The clamps that
came with mine are lousy.It is a pipe with a flange welded on one side,the
flange bolts to the flange on the rotor.I CAN NOT seem to keep those bolts
tight no matter what.Is there another type of clamp out there to use that I
have missed.The bolts don't break or anything but trying to work someone 500
miles out on 432 with your beams rocking back and forth 20 degrees is a
$#^%.   Gregg K9KL