Re: [TowerTalk] "super" KT36XA

To: kc2tn@comcast.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "super" KT36XA
From: mcduffie@actcom.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:13:44 -0600
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:14:36 -0400, Joe - KC2TN wrote:

> The original KT34 was a shorter 4 element tribander while the KT34XA upgrade
> kit added a longer boom and 3 elements, 2 for 10,15, and 20 meters and also
> a 3rd element was added for 10 meters.

Correction.  The XA added 2 elements, one for 10 meter mono and one
tri-band element.  The four back elements of the XA are the original
A model and an extra 16 foot boom and two elements were added to
make it an XA.  This gave it six elements on 10, and five on 15 and
20 meters.

I hope to get my old XA refurbed and put it up to compare with my
TH7DX some day.  I keep turning the calendar pages looking for a
listing for "some day", but haven't found it yet.

Gary

--
a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws